I am a student
I am Kovalenko Katya. So, I am a student now. IТm a first-year student
of the day-time department. IТve entered State Tax Service Academy of
Ukraine after finishing a secondary school. You know, that was my dream
to enter this Institute. No wonder, as all members of our family are
My father taught me to understand and love mathematics. I realize now
mathematics is a corner-stone of all sciences. My father works as a
financier at the Planning Economic Department of the plant.
My mother is a book-keeper at a book-keeping department of the factory.
She likes her specialty very much. I love a sister. She is twenty. And
she is also an economist. She works as a cashier at the post-office
savings-bank. She combines her work with studies at the Institute. She
is a second-year student of non-resident instruction at this Institute.
As you see, I took my parents way. I worked hard to pass my entrance
examinations well. And now IТve become a happy member of the great,
young family of students.
Many new things and notions came into my life with it. At first, I
didnТt know what they meant. Now I became familiar with such words as Уa
freshmanФ, Уa sophomoreФ, Уan undergraduateФ and such terms as Уa
periodФ, Уa seminarФ, УlabworksФ. I know what it means Уto make notesФ,
Уto pass thousandsФ, etc.
IТm still to know more, and first of all how to save time to be able to
not only study well, but to take an active part in the studentsТ life,
to join some studentsТ scientific society and to sing in our Academy
choir, to become a member of our Academy famous football team and to
visit interesting studentsТ evening-parties.
IТm fond of everything at my Academy. I like its great beautiful
building, sport complex, itТs lecture halls, laboratories, studies.
IТm a freshman, as they call the first-year students. ItТll take time to
take time to know everything about our Academy.
. a student of the day-time department Ц студент денного в≥дд≥ленн€ ;
syn. a student of resident instruction; a full-time student
2. no wonder Ц не дивно
3. all the members Ц вс≥ члени; syn. whole Ц увесь; remember: the whole
world but all the students; the whole family but all the books
4. the Planning Economic Department Ц планово-економ≥чний в≥дд≥л
5. a book-keeper Ц бухгалтер; syn. Ц an accountant; a book-keeping
department Ц бухгалтер≥€
6. a cashier Ц касир; syn. a teller; cash Ц грош≥ (гот≥вка) syn. money
7. the post-office savings-bank Ц ощадбанк на поштамп≥
8. non-resident instruction Ц заочне навчанн€; syn. extra-mural
education, education by correspondence
9. to take somebodyТs way Ц п≥ти чињмось шл€хом
10. at first Ц спочатку; first of all Ц перш за все
11. ...became familiar with... Ц д≥зналась
12. a freshman Ц a first-year student; a sophomore Ц a second-year
student; undergraduate Ц student of senior courses
13. IТm still to know more Ц€ маю д≥знатись ще б≥льше
14. to join some studentsТ scientific society Ц стати членом